I am pleased to announce that I accept The Liebster Award!
For those of you who don’t know The Liebster Award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. I think this is a wonderful gesture from Queering Through Life who nominated me.
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Answering my Questions
- Why do you blog?
I blog because I love writing and it really helps keep my mood in check. I also love connecting with fellow writers and bloggers.
- If you could do anything you wanted to with your life, what would it be?
I would probably work part-time as long as I can while working on my writing and blog. I want to continue working in administration until I’m roughly 25. If I have kids I’d love to do so around then while working from home on writing and maybe something else. I love answering phones!
- What is your favorite hobby?
I have to say reading because it’s so relaxing and enjoyable and can be done anywhere.
- If you could be a flavor, what would it be and why?
This was so difficult! I would probably be the flavor of butter. I guess that’s a weird answer! Some people don’t like butter and some people do. I can be made to taste horrible or super nice (butter mints though, I want some of those right now). I can be overwhelming or brought out a little more.
- What do you wish you were better at?
I wish I better at coping with things and processing information. My brain fizzles out a lot during stressful or traumatic events which his great at the time but it always comes back to haunt me.
- What is your biggest goal for 2016?
My goal for 2016 is to achieve success while remaining happy. This can be done through all my little goals being achieved one by one.
- What is your favorite blog and why?
I don’t have a favourite as such but I have been relating to Zoe recently. I can see we have a similar mindset and her posts are what I’m interested in. I’m discovering new bloggers every day though.
- What are your guilty pleasures?
Spending way too much time on Netflix. Eating a ridiculous amount of chocolate. Sleeping in later than I know I should!
- How much time do you spend each day blogging?
Recently I have spent all day every day since the start of the year blogging. However, I will only be able to dedicate two half days a week to it from now on due to returning to work. As well as the odd hour here and there. When I say blogging I don’t just mean writing up posts but also connecting with writers and planning ideas with fellow bloggers. Oh, and Guest Posting!
- What is your favorite way to grow traffic on your blog?
I am still testing this out but so far I’m loving twitter hashtags. I can search for people who are actively looking for what I produce and send it to them directly. Twitter chats have been awesome as well!
11 Random Facts About Me
- I have never dyed my hair. I’m including this because I have a box of dye that has been sitting waiting on me plucking up the courage to use it for months.
- I used to be all about drama. It was the only thing I could think about and work towards for years but I had to stop for several reasons. Now, I can’t even get on a stage or speak in a crowded room.
- I love kids!
- I hate doing the dishes. I love everything being neat and tidy but that’s one thing I hate doing. I end up dropping plates or chipping them and getting soaked in water.
- I don’t watch live tv and haven’t for years. I didn’t have an ariel to watch live tv in my room for ages and when I got around to fixing it I had no time! Now I have time again but prefer using Netflix which is all I need.
- I’m a hoarder. I keep birthday cards and Christmas cards in a box I have with a few other bits and pieces. There are even some sweet wrappers from specific times in there!
- I have my own flat and am independent.
- I am working towards two qualifications in the upcoming year. They are administration related.
- I’m super stubborn!
- I’m very clumsy – you should have guessed after I spoke about the dishes situation.
- I love the beach and going to the forest. I have to go to these places more often as they are so relaxing.
This was harder than I thought – I’m not sure what people would like to actually know?!
Questions For My Nominees
- What’s your name, where are you from and what age are you?
- What does being nominated for this award mean to you?
- If you could only gain one thing from having a blog, what would it be?
- What’s the maximum amount of time you spend blogging per day? Per week?
- When you had the idea to start a blog did you create one straight away or did you hesitate? If you hesitated share why.
- How do you deal with hate or negative comments on your blog if you have received any?
- Have you made any REALLY good blogging friends? If not, do you hope to?
- In your eyes, what is success?
- What is the main thing you hope to achieve on your blog in 2016?
- If you had to delete any post from your blog which would it be and why?
- Share your favourite hashtags to use when promoting a post!